As Featured On
It’s not all about me! It’s also about people who notice me. And work with me, or at least near me. Or are just judged as awesome by me. On this page:
- Featured Posts
- Guest Posts
- Bits Of The Month
- Teaching Kids To Pack: A Prospective, Randomised, Uncontrolled Trial (Freshly Pressed)
- Ways To Tackle Kids Kicking The Back Of The Seat, Given That You Probably Can’t Cut Their Legs Off, Especially With Airline Security Restrictions Against Sharp Objects (featured on How Do You Do It)
- Screen Time: A Healthy Eating Pyramid (featured on Monsters Ed Homeschooling Academy Technology Roundup)
- Why We Travel With A Sensitive Child (on Sensitive And Extraordinary Kids)
- SURVIVOR STORIES: How To Travel With A Sleep Thief (on Surviving A Sleep Thief)
- Beating The Heat: What I Learned From A Country With Year-Round Summer (on Multicultural Kid Blogs)
- Race Around The World: Australian in Singapore (on The Holistic Wayfarer)
- Seasoned Greetings: An Expat Christmas in Singapore (on Thrifty Travel Mama)
- Special Guest Thursday: When Good Friends Have Babies (on Creative World of Varya)
- The Invitation – One story, five blogs, infinite paths, your choice. A choose-your-own blog collaboration.
- Innocents Abroad: A Guide To Japanese Etiquette For Families Travelling With Young Kids (interview with Elle from Life In Japan With Toddlers)
- Kindness Around The World (Multicultural Kid Blogs collaboration post on how kindness is shown in different cultures)
- Dying Is Very Bad Feng Shui (part of the Multicultural Kid Blogs Summer Reading Series)
Bits of the Month
I can’t keep up with the whole internet (it turns out), so Bits Of The Month is an opportunity to share the best of what’s happened.
This replaces the quarterly Neighbourhood Noticeboard.
Awards And Special Mentions
- Bubs On The Move named me one of the Top Five Family Travel Bloggers You Should Be Reading – and I’m in good company.
- Traveller’s Tree named me in his Top Five Bloggers of 2014 (and compared me to Douglas Adams).
- Sue noted that I talk a lot and I’m totally counting it as an “award”.
- I was nominated for an Australian Writer’s Centre Best Australian Blog Award, 2014.
- I was also nominated in week one of the MADS Family Travel Blog Award (for which I’m unfortunately ineligible, but thanks for thinking of me!)
In addition, thank you to my fellow bloggers for these community awards:
- Blog Of The Year 2013 Award – thankyou for the nominations Mum’s Eye View and Game Of Diapers
- I was nominated for a Liebster Award at The Blackberry Boys and Today Was A Fairy Tale.
- Two bloggers call me part of their WordPress Family: And Three To Go and The Blackberry Boys I was also nominated.
- Nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award came from Jadi Campbell and World Journeys.
- Cavegirl MBA nominated me for a
Most Influential Blogger Award.
- Travelling Terri honoured me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
- I was nominated for three awards at once by Tvor – The Best Moment Award, the Reader Appreciation Award and the Semper Fidelis Award.
- Vasudha Aggarwal nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.